Tuesday, June 21, 2011

This should be in a dictionary

I just found this on another blog and I love how well it describes everything about IF.

Infertility is hard.  Faith questioning, life changing, marriage shattering, friendship ruining, isolating, horrifyingly, miserably hard.  With infertility you are poked and prodded from all angles... From your friends and family asking you when you're going to have babies, to your doctors spending more time looking at your genitalia than your spouse.  It's expensive to the point that sometimes, some people with infertility are forced to make decisions like, "Do we put a down payment on a house... or pursue IVF?"  Infertility changes your life. 

Since every person is different, every person's struggle with infertility will be different.  Some lean on their faith, some lean on their doctors, some lean on their family and friends, and some have absolutely no where to lean.   Every struggle is different too because not only is every person different, every person has a different diagnosis or allergies to certain medicines or drugs, or they have different personal convictions.  No two infertility journeys are exactly alike, so the struggle with infertility cannot successfully be generalized.

2 comments:

Amy and Robert said...

I absolutely agree with this. I really hope that we can become supporters of each other through our own separate but similar journeys. Take care, and thank you for following my journey as well.

Jess said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Don't let me fool you. I am a stress eater too. I think it comes with the territory of PCOS lol Good luck on all things TTC. Hopefully soon you will get a BFP with a sticky bean!